Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bye-bye baby

Technically Julia hasn't been a baby for a few months now, but I'm not ready to let go of my grip on her babyhood quite yet. In fact that's part of why I asked Jennifer to photograph Julia and I this past weekend. I want to capture those last glimpses of my baby girl before she gets even one day older. She's growing before my eyes, talking up a storm, and shooting me these silly looks that convey so much about who she is. This Christmas season she was a willing and able participant in most of our traditions and activities. She helped put and decorations on the tree. Pulling out every piece of Kleenex that I wrap ornaments to wipe her nose and then practically crushing a glass bulb just to see what would happen were the memorable moments from that night. She and Sam also ran through the house trailing my wooden cranberry bead garland behind them - all but the strand she hung around her neck. Sam, being the older and wiser big brother, informed his baby sister that the ornaments were fragile, but then proceeded to toss them back into the storage bin. This picture of the kids with Santa were too cute to not include with some of my memories from Julia's second Christmas. One night after we got home Julia took the stocking I usually hang on a broken light switch out from under the tree and proceeded to climb up on her chair to return it to it's proper place. Not only was this amazing to witness, thinking about it later I realized that the stocking had only been there a week or so. For her to notice it and feel the need to put it back was mind boggling at her age. I was thrilled that she mastered walking just in time to be able to wear her beautiful Christmas dress that happened to match the outfit I wore for her baptism a year ago. I will treasure these photographs forever. Thank you Jennifer. During our shoot Julia showed off her independent streak. She didn't want to hold my hand down the sidewalk. Nope. Only a good walker for about two weeks, she toddled off by herself oblivious to her mommy's pleas.
Today I was able to get pictures of her version of "help" and of her folding her hands to pray. She may have an arsenal of words but I still hear my fair share of "uh uh uh uh" all day long. She's taken to pulling on my shirt to get me to come with her. My little climber gets herself up into just about any chair. Her favorite? The rocking chair at Grandma and Grandpa's house that she stands on. When our pastor asked if she'd be willing to sit in a rocking chair during part of our church's 150th anniversary service this coming Sunday, I said, "Sit? She'll stand!"
She's adventurous, outgoing (saying "hi" and waving to everyone), and is such a sweetheart when it comes to showing affection. She cuddles her babies and is usually pretty generous with her kisses.




Her baby blue eyes are beautiful as ever on this, her 15 month birthday.
Mommy Loves You Peanut!

3 comments:

4under3 January 3, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

The pictures are great. Julia is such a sweetie and you are adorable in the outdoor picture. Oh, and I love the new blog look.

Kim January 3, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

I LOVE all of these pics. I especially love the one with the three of you and Santa, Julia's face is priceless. She is such a beauty.

Yvette January 3, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

Very sweet pictures. She's climbing into chairs already and cuddling babies! Julia is precious. I love her curls.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP