Friday, January 11, 2008

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Julia sees me walk into the room she squeals out a HUGE greeting, complete with hand-waving and smiles. I eat that stuff right up. It's a good reminder of my effort to give each children bits of undivided attention throughout the day. How can I not go right up to my baby girl, look her right in the eyes and give her a big grin in return.
The line I read in a parenting book once comes back to me. It went something like: When your children enter a room the simple act of smiling at them and making them feel important goes a long way. I love my children to pieces, but it's easy to get caught up in my chores and miss little opportunities to demonstrate my love for them.

1 comments:

Carrie January 11, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

When I try to focus on doing the simple, like you said, looking them directly in the eye and smiling...my days always seem to go a bit smoother. Thanks for the reminder.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP