Tuesday, January 29, 2008

All in the family

Imagine my surprise as I was paging through my new subscription to MotheringMagazine (thanks Sharon!) and there, staring back at me on page 25, was my baby girl. I knew about the Nov/Dec issue but I didn't know Kissaluvs was going to run Julia's ad again in the Jan/Feb edition.


Random thought: Anyone else have a husband that stands over their shoulder while they blog? Mine does, but I kinda like it. He's way better at grammar and since he wouldn't have a clue how to get to our blog without me bringing it up on the screen for him, he might as well read it "live". He wanted me to share that Julia's cloth diaper ad was also featured in this month's issue of Baseball Monthly. I guess I'm not the only random one in the family.

Back to the point of this post - I also experienced my 15 minutes 45 seconds of fame today when I talked to a local radio host LIVE this morning. The topic was lies we told as children. The woman before me had forged checks at age 8 so I had a tough act to follow. This is the gist of what I shared:
When I was in preschool I told my teacher that my mom had a baby. Each day they'd ask me what my parents named the baby. Somehow I managed to concoct this monster lie, but couldn't make up a name for my new sibling. I couldn't even decide if it was a girl or a boy. I was mortified when the teacher had the class make cards for my family welcoming the new baby. I thought I had a way out though. I would simply drop the huge manila envelope in the trash as I stepped off the bus later that day. Of course that isn't what happened. My mom picked me up from school that day and in the parking lot of Wale's Pet Store in Fort Atkinson, WI I had to show her the stack of cards. I'll never forget having to sit in a circle with my classmates and apologize for lying.

Feel like getting any childhood fibs off your chest?

2 comments:

Lakeville Vertical January 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

When I was 8 years old I stole a pack of gum from the grocery store. I involved my 5 year old sister because she wouldn't stop following me around and saw me grab the pack of gum. I bribed her with a peice and she was content with that. Well, when we got home my mom realized she had not bought either of us Bubble Yum that day and decided to ask my younger sister where she got it. My sister ratted me out quickly and I was in big trouble. My mother brought me back to the store and had to return the remaining 3 peices with money to pay for the 2 peices I ate. I had to apologize to the store manager and I was mortified. However, I still remember it vividly to this day and have told the story to my children in hopes that they do not follow in foot steps but learn from my mistakes. Stealing and lying. Yikes!!

Killlashandra January 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

That's great her picture is in the magazine. :) How exciting.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP