Tuesday, January 15, 2008

3..2..1

Sam isn't smiling just because there was cake - he's also smiling because he loves his friend, Brianna, who turned 2 on Friday.


Surprisingly, I'm still smiling on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I have a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old running around the house.
Thank goodness for Tot-time on Tuesdays where we can spend two hours running, climbing, chasing, building, sliding, and snacking. Today there was more snacking than anything else - until the food ran out. Each kid goes in spurts. For a while Sam will play nicely with Kieran, but Julia will want to nurse. Then Julia will be off in search of a ball or block to carry around and Sam will start bugging his friends instead of playing with them. Brianna is my easiest kid there. She finds a baby crawling around and keeps a close eye on him/her. Today it was MCK Mama she shadowed. When they left Brianna kept asking where Baby Maisie went.
It's super duper cold out there so we skipped the stroller and hustled to the car. A hearty lunch of scrambled eggs and my kids were happy to crawl into bed and rest. Brianna's dad just picked her up and now I'm off to rest myself.

I love my crazy life.

I also love being able to talk to MCK Mama in person as we monitor our crews. Getting reassurance that my new hair is a good thing, talking about raw milk, conferring on our photography....ya know - just having a girlfriend who understands you completely, loves you for who you are, and doesn't judge you when your child retaliates and pushes her son. It was a hectic morning getting back into the routine of having Brianna here again, but there's nothing like a good friend to let me vent and move on. It may be -4 outside, but my heart is all warm and fuzzy anyway.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous January 15, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Ah! I thought maybe this was an "old" post I'd missed yesterday, seeing the photo of Sam at B's party this weekend. But, as I read on, I see that you were writing about me! Wow, thanks for your nice words! I really, really appreciate your friendship, too, Carrie! It is SO nice to have someone I can just be myself around, whether my kids are I are busy being Those People or Those Other People.

Kim January 16, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Awww fun, wish we were all closer so Landen and I could hang out too! I actually have been thinking about making a trip to the cities with the boy and go to the zoo/aqaurium that you guys go to, so maybe we could all meet up!

P.S. I LOOOOOOOOOVE juila's outfit

Homegrown Tribe January 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

everyone needs a friend like that! I don't know what I would do without mine. :)

MamaBear January 16, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

That would be fun Kim! What a special play date that would be! We're actually headed to the zoo tomorrow. The library has free passes you can check out. Cha-ching!
Let me know when you think you'd be coming this way. There are other fun places to meet up as well. I'm thinking of one where the kids would be ok playing by themselves and the moms could sit on the benches and watch. It's a gigantic climbing structure with slides and tunnels and stuff. It only cost $5 too.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP