Friday, November 30, 2007

Hustle and Bustle


Our shopping trip this morning zapped poor Sammy. I hadn't even finished nursing Julia and he was sound asleep. I suppose being up until 10:30 and then again from 4am-5:30am would make me tired too. Wait, scratch that - I am tired, but thanks to Jennifer's thoughtfulness I have two Cherry Coke's to keep me awake. I want to record a couple of special moments I've shared with the kids in the midst of the worst colds they've endured since Julia's was a newborn. The first night Sam slept in our bed he leaned over to kiss me on the forehead before falling asleep. There isn't much that tops an unsolicited kiss from your child and I'm a sucker for forehead kisses. Then today while I was singing and rubbing Sam's back before his nap, Julia started rubbing my back. She even took a moment to stoop down to her brother and give him a love pat as well. It is humbling to know that no matter how short I get with them, they posses the capacity to forgive and forget.

I'm trying not to be anxious about tonight's impending snow, but it could really throw a wrench in our weekend plans. Finishing my Christmas shopping this morning before the first flakes fly helps a little. It's hard enough going out when it's only 8 degrees outside let alone in six inches of white stuff. We found some treasures at the craft store that Sam has already added his personal touch to. He's really gotten to be a good painter this year and it's a good thing. He and Julia have made all of the Christmas presents they're giving this year.

Every year we help out with the decorating at our church and that's suppose to happen at 9 tomorrow morning. We had plans to "cut" our tree on Sunday, but Brian will be plowing all day. I'm praying that we'll be able to decorate at church for a couple of hours, buzz out to Grandma and Grandpa's for tree cutting and cookies, and still have time to decorate the tree together before Brian has to plow snow. At least Brian is on his way home as I type this. We're do for some quality family time and cookie baking falls most definitely falls in that category.

4 comments:

Anonymous November 30, 2007 at 2:36 PM  

Poor guy was wiped out!

Anonymous November 30, 2007 at 5:06 PM  

Oh, I love the forehead kisses and baby backrubs too! Is it really going to snow 6 inches tonight! Yikes.

Anonymous November 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM  

Wonderful how you can still get bits of enjoyment out special moments with your kids even when they're so sick. That is an absolutely unbelievably amazing photo of sleepy, sick Sam!!

Anonymous December 2, 2007 at 3:16 PM  

How sweet to see your baby (toddler?) girl rubbing your back! I'm glad you got to "cut" your tree down, get your Christmas shopping done (I haven't even started), and get those cookies made. Since today is Sunday, I hope Brian comes home soon too.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP