Friday, November 2, 2007

Hello. My name is Julia


Julia turned 13 months old today. I truly feel like I've been introduced to a new little girl this past month. She's always been a happy baby, but her giggles are much more frequent. She's always been fascinated with her brother, but now she loves to crawl on him and snuggle with him. There are even moments, albeit brief ones, where they play together. This picture shows her zeal for giving kisses lately. Obviously the new skill of walking is a new milestone (10/22), but it's the expressions on her face that show she knows we're proud of her that are priceless. She'll get herself into a standing position and give me the biggest grin before toddling forward a few steps (usually in the direction of Daddy).
She is always pulling books out of the book basket to look at. She's drawn to the animals and pictures of babies. She does the appropriate signs when we get to the bath page or when there's a baby or puppy she's starts waving her arms and saying puppy or baby. I'm pretty sure she can say kitty too. She also says ball, pee (peek-a-boo), boom (when she falls), nu-nu (nurse), hi and Daddy without prompting. Mommy and bye come out clearing with a little coaching. This is a whole new world for us as Sam didn't talk until he was 2. We've reached the point where I can ask for a hug and she crawls over and puts her head on my shoulder. I often ask if she wants to sit on my lap and in seconds she's maneuvered her little butt onto my legs. She is constantly babbling about something or laughing at her own jokes (she gets that from her Daddy).
In the past 24 hours she's learned to point to her nose and to her head.
Anytime music starts she can't help but start dancing, whether it's swinging her arms back and forth, bopping her butt up and down or marching in place.
With striking strawberry blonde curls there isn't a person we come in contact with that doesn't mention her curls. At 13 months they are just starting to form ringlets.


Her favorite foods are sweet potatoes and bananas. I've been slacking in the baby food making department, but she's content with chunks of chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese. At first she didn't like cow's milk, but this past week she's started drinking a couple ounces out of a sippy cup. I'm embarrassed to report that she's still nursing in the middle of the night, but I'm too stressed about our life right now to take the week it would take to help her fall back asleep on her own.

Cutting four molars didn't help her sleeping issues.

I pray that we'll get through this rough time without any lasting effect on the kids. They have definitely been the comic relief we've needed.



Happy 13 Month Birthday Baby Girl
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous November 2, 2007 at 9:24 PM  

What an absolutely sweet, wonderful, touching, memorable, special, fantastic, meaningful, beautiful post about your precious daughter.

Anonymous November 4, 2007 at 11:41 PM  

Seriously, I love Julia's curls. Happy 13 months!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP