Thursday, September 6, 2007

Music to my ears

Check out my new music player! I really enjoy listening to the music on other blogs - (especially Amy's) so late last night I finally figured out how to add my own play list. The timing is perfect since I'm in the middle of making the kids their birthday DVD's and will be looking for sentimental songs about children, life, love, and God to use when I choose the best 1000 pictures for each movie. I'd love to hear other people's suggestions for songs to use!!!! Even if you don't know the name - a line that tugs at your heart will do. I have no problem using Google to sniff out the title and artist. While the majority of my play list songs ended up being country, I'm open to anything (ok, not really - I don't like rap, hip-hop, alternative, but what sentimental songs are there in those genres anyway?)

A little background on the songs I chose:
From This Moment - our wedding song
Who Am I - released around the time my friend Tasha's mom died in a car accident - reminds me that each day we have here is a gift!
When You Say Nothing At All - From "Notting Hill", our first date movie and the music during the most touching part of the movie
Something That We Do - Our marriage mantra
Cross My Heart - There can't ever be enough love songs!
Let Them Be Little, My Little Girl - two great, great songs that always get me choked up

2 comments:

Anonymous September 6, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

I had my volume WAY up when I clicked on your blog just now so I sure noticed your music! Nice job! A song...hmmm...my all time favorite song is "Let It Be Said Of Us" by Steve Fry. It's a hymn-like anthem that sings of what our passions should be as the Body of Christ. I want it played at my funeral. Also, "It Is Well With My Soul." Anyway, now you've inspired me to see if I can get "Let It Be Said Of Us" to play on my blog. It gives me goosebumps every single time I hear it. Do you know the song? If not, check my blog later and see if I accomplished it!

Anonymous September 7, 2007 at 6:45 AM  

I do know that song. Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere on the web so you can put it on your blog. I want "Be Thou My Vision" played at my funeral. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that we've both picked hymns to be played.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP