Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Let's go fly a kite!

This wasn't part of our plan today. A trip to the library for a magic show and to pick out new books, followed by a quick stop at the place I buy raw milk, and finishing our morning at a park was going to keep us plenty busy, but when the weatherman says "20-30mph winds today" we decided to squeeze a bit more fun out of our morning. I remembered there's a great toy store right by the library so we walked over and picked out a new kite. Sam was too excited to eat his lunch and kept begging me to put the kite together.

Sam had to sit on it so it wouldn't blow away before we were ready to send it up to the clouds.
(See how the wind is blowing Julia's hat back?)

Julia loved the bright colors.


Way to go Sam!


Hold on tight!!!


A special thank you to Jennifer who surprised me with a "paid in full" milk order that allowed me to use my cash to get Sam and Julia their first kite!

2 comments:

Anonymous July 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

Ahhh! Shivers about the very good place you spent the surprise money you ended up with in your pocket. First kite!!! What a superb idea for such a windy day. Wish I would have thought of it!!

Anonymous July 10, 2007 at 9:29 PM  

You have inspired me to get a kite for my boy. We live in a pretty windy area, so we wouldn't have much trouble finding a good time or spot to fly it.... Now, to find one as cool as yours...

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP