Monday, May 14, 2007

Is it Monday already?



The weekends always go by too fast! At least when Monday rolls around again, I have the opportunity to visit the sites of other Mommy Talk participants. Have a great week ladies!
Here are my answers to this weeks questions:

Did you find out the sex of your baby?
Why or why not?
honest...did you have what you were hoping for?


I love surprises - so much so that when I was younger and my mom needed help wrapping Christmas presents she wrote the recipient's name on the outside of the boxes and I'd wrap them all for her - mine included. I never peaked. When Brian brings home Christmas presents for me I make sure he tells me where he's stashed them so I don't accidentally find them when I'm rummaging for a box or toy in the basement. It shouldn't come as a surprise then that we
didn't find out the sex when I was pregnant with Sam. Neither of us wanted to. If we hadn't decided this well before my 20 week ultrasound, I might have been persuaded while laying there watching our unborn baby wiggle around. I admit, it was tempting to have the tech look. We knew we wanted to have two children and I really wanted at least one of them to be a girl. If I had a girl first, I wouldn't feel the pressure when we had our final baby in a few years. I wanted one of each, but if we ended up with two girls, I wouldn't have been disappointed. If we had two boys I would have been slightly disappointed. (These were my feelings before I had Sam. I only have sisters and I'd been taking care of my cousin, Elsie for 3 years by this point. I knew what to do with girls. Boys- not so much.) I was convinced we were having a boy though. I don't know that I knew it, or if I was only mentally preparing myself that I might not have a girl.
On October 13, 2004 when my sweet, baby boy, my angel, arrived all thoughts of wanting a girl vanished. It was fun to make the phone calls to share the exciting news that we had a boy.

With my second pregnancy I wanted to find out the sex, but Brian didn't. I wanted to have the experience of bonding with the baby as a he or she, not just "Baby Pauly". It was exciting to hear him announce, "It's a girl!!!!!!" when Julia was born. Of course we'd only been able to agree on a boy's name. Figures.....





4 comments:

Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 10:33 AM  

With Em (and Maddie for that matter) we were only able to agree on girls names. As I was waiting for my C-section with Em, Keith and I were going through the baby name book for boy's names. LOL

Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 1:26 PM  

You have got some will-power girl!

Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 2:21 PM  

I do not know how you waited! I agree with air force family... that is some will power! As for the baby's name, my husband picked out his name right after I found out I was pregnant. I was only 6 weeks pregnant when he told me what he wanted to name the baby, all I could do was laugh and say "uhmmm its kind of early for that isn't?" Yes I was still in shock that I was pregnant!

Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

I give people credit who wait. I never would have made it past the u/s. :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP