Monday, March 12, 2007

See No Evil, Hear No Evil...with a bonus sense thrown in

What you don't want to see when you walk into your child's room when they're suppose to be napping:

all their clothes off

What you don't want to hear after they've 45 minutes of not napping:

"Ready get up. All done nigh-night."

What you don't want to feel on your child's bed when you've decided to just let him get up without sleeping:

A HUGE wet spot where he dumped out the entire contents of his water bottle


p.s. I'm not so sure about the parenting technique I used here and am open to suggestions:
I didn't acknowledge the fact that Sam was mostly naked (thankful he'd left his diaper on) nor did I say anything about the wet spot. I just picked him up and brought him downstairs. I was afraid that saying anything would encourage him to do it again to get out of napping on another day.

Note to self: No more water bottles in bed with Sam anymore.

1 comments:

Anonymous March 12, 2007 at 8:57 PM  

Your parenting technique: right on.

The wet spot: at least it wasn't bodily fluid!

Sam not taking a nap: no break for Mama:(

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP