Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Moment to Treasure

Tonight I had the rare opportunity to hold my sleeping first-born in my arms. He had fallen asleep on the way home from Grandma and Grandpa's house and surprisingly didn't wake up when I carried him into the house. I snuggled up on the couch to gaze at Sam's face and give him lots of kisses. Sam is an affectionate little guy, but he doesn't usually want to stay still so I can nestle my nose in the crook of his neck or kiss the bridge of his nose. His skin is still soft as can be and I can only imagine what he was dreaming about as his eyelids fluttered. If I had to guess I'd say all the fun he had playing with Grandma and Aunt Sharon.

Since I didn't want to wake him by taking a photo I dug up this baby picture of Sam snuggling with me at a family wedding a couple years ago. You'll have to take my word for it that he looked just as peaceful tonight


RockYou PhotoFX - Get Your Own

3 comments:

Anonymous March 11, 2007 at 10:08 AM  

A moment to treasure, for sure! I also had the rare occassion yesterday to snuggle with my sleepy 4 1/2 year old...times like these make me want nothing more than for them to stay just as they are and not grow anymore!

Anonymous March 11, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

So precious. I, too, almost never get a chance to hold MY sleeping first-born. That picture is amazing. You look fab in it, too! :)

Anonymous March 12, 2007 at 7:10 AM  

AWWW! That is too sweet. Everytime he turns another month old I just know his first birthday is coming around, and it is bittersweet! We want children to grow up but its hard to think that they will only be small for so long.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP