Monday, September 20, 2010

Take me out to the ball game, buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks....

At 9:30 Sunday morning we found out that PapaBear and I were going to a 1pm Twins Game. When you work every single day for six months out of the year it isn't easy for us to do something like that on a moment's notice. Thankfully we have great coworkers and family that made it possible. (Thanks Jamey and Sharon for the tickets, Jo and Howard for covering for us, and Grandma and Grandpa for babysitting and for paying for our day!)

We don't go to the Cities very often so parking is always a little stressful. Add to that the Vikings playing on the same day and I headed straight to Google to find out what to do about parking. I found a forum that suggested the La Salle Court Parking Ramp for only $5 a day. It's about 4 blocks from the stadium and was really easy to find. So if you're headed to a Twins game and don't mind walking four blocks, park at the ramp at 811 La Salle in Minneapolis for a stress free and cheap Twins Game experience!

We met some people in the ramp that were headed to the game so we followed them towards the stadium. (After the game we only saw four other people go into the ramp - it was SO quiet in there!) We happened to chose the right way around the Target Center and walked right up to our gate - #34. They searched my little purse and away we went to find our seats. Section 103, row 39, seats 15 and 16 gave us a great view of the field and the scoreboard. There were some loud chatterboxes behind us but other than that it was a great experience!

It was funny to watch the cameras catch people in different parts of the stadium. Half was in the shade wearing warm clothes and the half in the sun were only in T-shirts. We were in the shade but with my long underwear on (top and bottom) I didn't get cold. I never put on my hat and gloves that I brought with. PapaBear and I haven't been to a game together since I was pregnant with Julia four years ago so this was a huge treat!

It also was a cheap date with for us which is always nice and guilt free! We were able to see the Twins play, park four blocks away for only $5, snack all game long on our bag of $4.50 peanuts, and read up on the players in the $3 program. Our grand total was $12.50!

Have you been to a ball game this year? Do share!

7 comments:

Jenilee September 20, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

cheap dates are always fun! :) so glad you had a great time!

Anonymous September 20, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

No game for us so far this year, well for me at least. Both kids got to go with the YMCA and Hubby went with a friend...always the last to go!

So glad you had a good time, and were able to do it so cheaply!!

Erin September 20, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

I cant believe thats all you spent ha ha. We went all out and we tried lots of food! We dont get date nights or days that often either so we had a blast :) So nice to be kid free for a few hours!

Tina September 20, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Love this! Glad you had a great time! We have been to one game in the new stadium. I got tickets for my mom for her birthday and took the whole family. So much fun. We brought the girls and sat in the family section. It was great because we got a free hot dog and soda with our tickets and there were other families there so I didn't feel bad about my baby and squirmy youngster. Good times!

Jenney September 20, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

I've been to more ball games than I care to recall this year...but none of them professional. All my husband's!
I am so glad the two of you got out, that is so nice.

Jolene September 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

My husband and I went on a whim last month! So amazing!!!! Our money saving tip...we took the NorthStar (a station is 5-7 miles from our house) and round trip was 10 bucks! No gas, no, traffic, no paying for parking. We also shared a burger, fries, and drink. Not so cheap though, we did pay for the tickets

Glad you were able to go. That park is just beautiful, isn't it?

jenna - through mommy goggles September 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Aaron and I (and Levi!) went on our anniversary in June and it was tons of fun! But the weather was beautiful - I wouldn't have liked it if it was hot and humid! Glad you guys had fun :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP