Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simply Tuesday

FOR TODAY (thanks to the Simple Woman's Daybook)
Outside my window...THE SUN IS SHINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell it's been raining for days?)
I am thinking...about my jobs.
I am thankful for...my kids. They have been the bright spot this past week.
From the kitchen...ice cream cones.
I am wearing...capris, a red tank top, and a baseball hat I got on a high school band trip to Toronto.
I am creating...a new (temporary) bedtime routine this week.
I am going...other than a trip to the grocery store, the library, and to T-Ball we will have spent the week at home
I am reading...books about scorpions to Sam and about Dogs to Julia
I am hoping...that the weather is good next week for my SIL wedding and for get-togethers with family from all over the country.
I am hearing...the dishwasher, the TV (Max and Ruby video), and the kids giggling
Around the house...our butterflies are starting to come out of their 'raccoons'. The first one made quite an impression by bleeding all over the place. Didn't expect that!
One of my favorite things...my plants - the flower beds and our straw bale garden. It is so relaxing and satisfying to tend to them.
A few plans for the rest of the week: T-ball.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Even stranger than the blood pool in our butterfly
home was the weather today - The sun was shining
AND it was raining.
Here's the proof - shadow of Julia's umbrella
AND raindrops behind her. Crazy!

5 comments:

darcie June 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

don't be alarmed at the blood in your butterfly home - we recently learned with our live butterfly habitat that the *blood* that you see is simply leftover *paint* that they didn't need to produce their colored wings!
:)

Kelli June 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

Awesome PIC!! What a great opportunity to capture!! And weird about the butterflies, NEVER heard of that before!

Esther June 15, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Sun! Sun! Please send it to us. Please?

I can't wait to see pictures from Sharon's wedding!

Wendy June 16, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Great list! Love your blog!

Stacey June 16, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

Love this list! If you want to learn, or if Sam wants to anyways, about scorpions... come visit us! :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP