Saturday, May 22, 2010

I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart


This past week while grocery shopping she belted out the words to that song. Up and down the aisles.... and who was I to stop her?

I LOVE that she isn't shy about loving Jesus. I love that her favorite song is Away in a Manger, that she sings, "This is the Day" whenever the mood strikes her.



The one that gets me every time is when she sings "Come Into My Heart"

Do you know that one? It goes like this:

Come into my heart.
Come into my heart.
Come into my heart Lord Jesus.
Come in today.
Come in to stay.
Come into my heart Lord Jesus.

We sing these songs every time we get in the car to drive somewhere and since we live in the country we drive everywhere. It's a great way to start our day - makes our last minutes together before dropping Sam off at school full of praise and worship. Nothing beats that!

Whenever the opportunity presents itself I talk to the kids about what it means to ask Jesus into our hearts. That if we ask Him to, He will forgive our sins and we can live with Him in Heaven forever. He died on the cross for us - something that we thank Him for every night during our "Thankfuls" (The kids say one thing they are thankful for and one thing they want to ask for forgiveness for. They always say "God & Jesus" and something related to the day. We've been doing it for over a year and it's a great way to end our day.)

Tonight as I was wiping toothpaste off of Julia's face she said something about her heart being cold (not exactly sure what that meant????) so I asked her what could warm her up and she said that Jesus could. The door was open once again for us to talk about what it meant for Jesus to come into her heart.

"That will make my heart nice and warm!"


Mine too baby girl. Mine too.

4 comments:

Erin May 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

how perfect :)

Homegrown Tribe May 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

beautiful!!

Jenilee May 23, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

what a sweet little girl moment! I love when my girls sing to Jesus with everything they have. :)

Jenney May 26, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

Awesome. I can't wait for Snug to start asking more about jesus in his heart...so far he hasn't asked about it much although we've talked about it in devotions and I know they do at Sunday School too. I'm not going to push it though because I was pushed into making a decesion when I was small that I didn't understand. The day my children accept the Lord in their hears will be one I never forget. Thank you for this beautiful post!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP