Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Conditioning our straw bale garden


Last week while we were in the thick of conditioning our straw bales I was glad it wasn't quite time to put these plants into the bales. It was COLD, WINDY, and RAINY. They were much happier in our garage I'm sure.

If you click on the Straw Bale Gardening tab above you can see how the bales have changed in the past few weeks. For some reason the fertilizer combo I used this year wasn't dissolving very well so I came up with this method to help the water move the fertilizer inside the bales. They were decomposing OK so it wasn't hard to create the holes.

It was so easy, I let the three year old do it.


Next up! Planting!

0 comments:

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP