Thursday, May 20, 2010

Alphabitty Moments - The letter A


Welcome to round three of Alphabitty Moments! A little over a year ago I came up with the idea to share a picture a week that corresponded to a letter of the alphabet. The idea is to record the every day moments of childhood that right now might seem like no big deal but before we know it, we'll look back on those moments and realize they were in fact the very essence of childhood. Sometimes I'll create a scrapbook page to go with the letter of the week and other times I'll only post a photo. How elaborate you make this meme is completely up to you, but I gotta tell ya if you can be disciplined enough to do the scrapbook page the end result is well worth it. Need a little inspiration? Check out the first book I made out of this little project here.

This time around I'm going to give Picaboo a try. I found a theme that I think I can make work for pretty much any word/photo combo. I really like the colorful yet simple layouts. (click on the image to see it bigger) Speaking of colorful...this was a pretty memorable painting experience. Normally we use paper, but this was one of those times of discovery; of letting them be little.



There are plenty of opportunities for teaching them the 'right' thing to do, but it was SO worth the mess to let them paint each other.

Now it's your turn...what "A" moment do YOU want to remember?

5 comments:

Jenilee May 20, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

we used the same word! :) We love ART around here! :)

Jenney May 20, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

I so should be doing this again...maybe next week I'll get moving and do it. I think I want to try Shutterfly...they are pretty reasonably priced...just did a "free" book with them for a family vacation that was never ever going to get scrapbooked. Free meant I had to pay shipping and handling, but not too bad!

jules May 20, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Love those body pens. Kids think it is pretty cool to write on themselves and each other. It's always interesting to see what they come up with.

Tutu May 20, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Luke draws on himself all the time. I'm seeing him covered in tats in about 20 years!

Not sure if I'm up for joining in this time, but we'll see!!

Jen May 23, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I'm finally getting around to posting mine. And started to wonder if I was supposed to do art. LOL. Mine is alligator. Coming to the linky in 5 seconds. :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP