Friday, March 5, 2010

Note To Self

When you've been curled up on the couch for a couple of hours make sure that all the feeling is back in your legs before you try to walk across the room.

In case you don't think this is something worth noting, let me remind you of the last time you got up from sitting in one position too long:

You stood up, walked 2 steps across the hardwood floor, rolled your ankle, heard a pop & a crackle, and then collapsed onto the floor. You truly thought you'd broke your foot. Once you realized you could wiggle your toes, you hobbled upstairs with the most painfully bruised ankle bone. Ouch.

8 comments:

Unknown March 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear this. I have done the same thing too many times. Maybe it is time for a note to MYself. =)

Jen@Scrapingirl March 5, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Doesn't it stink getting old? ;)

HD March 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

Ouch is right! Be careful (o:

Thanks for the comment Carrie. And actually yes, I was just looking at Jillian's new yoga video. I'm so getting it this weekend. I used to do yoga all the time-it was the most toned I've ever been. I can't wait to get back to that.
Have a great weekend and be careful (o:

Jenney March 5, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Oh yuck! I hope it feels better really soon. No skiing for you this weekend!

Tutu March 5, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

I did that about a year ago....stood up, couldn't feel my foot at all, fell flat on my behind, and I guess a little on my hip because that's where the bruising was!

Jenilee March 5, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

sounds not fun at all! hope you are feeling better soon!

Secret Mom Thoughts March 6, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

Hope you heal quickly.

Chare March 6, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

I actually had a friend break her foot by doing this. She got out of bed, her foot was asleep, broken foot. Glad yours isn't broke!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP