Monday, March 22, 2010

Mommy & Me Monday - The Silver Lining Addition

Silver lining? Where do you find that in a picture of my son and I in the Emergency room?

The silver lining in having pneumonia is that everything else was put on hold and nothing else mattered but getting him well. I slept in his room for 4 nights and we had some great heart to heart talks during our snuggle time and while we waited in the ER. This picture of him holding my hand is the first time he was able to rest peacefully in 24 hours despite his racing heart. To read the pneumonia play by play click here and to read more Mommy & Me posts click on the badge below.

Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn

7 comments:

Jenilee March 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

oh - those are such hard times and long nights! been there with Abby and croup. not fun! what a precious picture though.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? March 22, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

oh, my goodness. You are so right. Nothing else matters in those moments.

I'm glad he finally found the rest he needed.

Jenney March 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Oh poor Sam looks awful! I am glad you were able to find some good in that situation. I can't believe how BIG he is :o)

Our family March 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

Praying for you and Sam!

Melissa March 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Oh no - I hope Sam has a speedy recovery! I have heard of so many kids getting pneumonia lately but that is one long hospital stay. He is so lucky to have you by his side. God bless.

Charlene T. Flaherty March 23, 2010 at 3:36 AM  

I wish your son will recover soon.
In these times, mothers simply feels motherly as children tends to get the strength they need from. Be strong, because this too shall pass :>

darcie March 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Glad you guys are all getting back to normal - spring is upon us - finally - and hopefully many many months of being sick-free!
xoxo

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP