Tuesday, January 19, 2010

i heart faces - (not my) family

One of the downsides of being a photographer is that I use up most of my creativity and time for that matter, photographing other people. The thousands of photographs on my hard drive can attest to that fact. Browsing through my pictures from the last year, I only have a handful of shots of my family. I get sad about that fact this time of year. It's nothing new. It happens every winter when the chance to take well lit portraits is almost non existent.

Here is how winter happens here in BearCountry: By the time we have enough snow to go outside and play it typically gets so cold that we can only be out for a few minutes and even if I did snap a few pics, the snot running out of noses pretty much negates any chance at getting 'the one' (hence why I didn't enter last weeks challenge) Now that our temps are now above zero, the snow we have is dingy and dirty - not exactly the makings of a great background. I'm shopping around for a 85 mm 1.2 lens (know anyone selling one for under a grand??) and then I will be able to blur out that ugly snow and just maybe I'll be able to add more than a couple of folders of winter shots to my hard drive in 2010.

Enough talk about winter....I'm ready for Spring! I'm ready for green grass....something like this maybe?



You can click on the spiffy new badge to see other entries in this week's challenge at i heart faces....

14 comments:

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath January 19, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

I love this photo.. And I long for green grass....instead of three feet of snow, Thank you for sharing

elle January 19, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

super, super cute!

Anonymous January 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

That is a great photo!! They all look so happy:)

Anonymous January 19, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Love it too!

Monica January 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Great picture! I love how they're all being playful...even the dog's in on the fun! I also can't wait for spring. I love taking photos outside in the natural light *sigh*.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art January 19, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Great photo!! Love how happy they are!

Julia Spencer January 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Even the dog! I giggled when I saw him/her in on the mix... ;) Great shot!!!

Kelly January 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Cute pic!

Get the 85mm f/1.8 for a fraction of the price:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-85mm-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00007GQLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263918194&sr=8-1

amanda thiessen photography January 19, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

aw love this! and the dog!! :)

jules January 19, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

I'm ready for the green grass and sun!

Unknown January 19, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Gorgeous! I love the vivid color and the fun family!

Lindsay Ernst January 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

This is just wonderful!

Gretta January 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

Awesome picture and the grass looks so inviting!

Emily January 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Love your new blog look. I am so behind on other blogs its very very sad!

I love all of your photos you have on here.... I need to try the Alphabitty Moments sometime. Looks like fun!!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP