Tuesday, December 22, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - Day 22


Twenty-two days of blogging in a row! What was I thinking?!?! Sorry you had to wait so long today for the MckLinky, we've been going nonstop all day. Apparently we are expecting a couple feet of snow to fall between the 23 and the 25th and we've adjusted our travel plans accordingly. Nothing major, but enough that we had to get everything ready today. That made for a busy busy day of packing, washing, baking, sewing, wrapping, coloring, and running errands. We squeezed in some time outside by skipping naps (Note to self: DO NOT TAKE A 3 YEAR OLD THAT HASN'T NAPPED SLEDDING.) Julia was beat by the time we came inside and had an hour long meltdown. You know the kind where you move the crib to the middle of the room so she doesn't pull stuff off the walls? That kind.

Speaking of snow....this is one of the most ornate ornaments on my tree. I received it in an ornament exchange during college. The snowflake was my sorority's symbol. It stood for individuality and the diversity of our group was well known around campus. Most sorority gatherings involved some sort of alochol and I was determined that for the Christmas party my senior year, that we could in fact, enjoy a fun and meaningful night without jungle juice, Boones, or Screwdrivers. I suggested an ornament exchange instead. I know, I'm a dork. But you know what? It was lovely! Our house, known as The Blue House, hosted since all 80 of us fit in the living room. When I see this ornament on my tree I recall the fun (and crazy!) years of college, especially the times spent with my 'sisters'.



Thanks to everyone who participated in Ornament Carnival this year! If you didn't get a chance to but think you might want to next year I suggest taking pictures of your ornaments before you pack them away - it'll make posting much easier for next year! I know, more than half of my pictures were taken last year the afternoon I took down my tree.

Have a Very Merry Christmas! (I'll be posting the remaining 25 Days of Christmas posts by schuduling them to post every morning - see you all after the 25th!)

2 comments:

Esther December 22, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

Boones...Good times. Good times. :-)

Melissa December 22, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

So happy to see that we still share a love of snowflakes from our sorority days. What a walk down memory lane!!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP