Thursday, December 10, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - Day 10

It's 9pm and I'm just now sitting down with my computer. That never happens. Ever. Today was one of those days I dreamed about as I was working until 2am day after day after day in November. My mom and grandma came to stay with the kids so I could get out by myself. They have been doing that for weeks but usually I would have to spend that free time working on blog books.

Not today.

Today I delivered some print orders and then met up with a blog book client to deliver her book. Erin was at the mall with her friends and family and the funny thing is that I recognized them and knew them by name. I guess when you read someone's blog from beginning to end six times, it's bound to happen.

After that I did some serious cell phone research. Thanks to those of you who offered your input via twitter! I really appreciate it since chosing a new phone is a big decision this time around.

Why?

Because we are trying to decide if we should upgrade to a plan that includes the internet. Right now I send 2-3 text messages a month and don't see that number going any higher. Being able to access email, blogger, and twitter on the go? That I can see myself using a lot. So here's the question: Does having mobile internet save you time or take more time away from what you 'should' be doing? Sure it would be convenient to be able to look things up online through my phone, but is it worth $30 a month? How will being even more available to clients and prospective clients mean more income?

What I really want to know is if I can read emails as they come in, will I be able to get right to work when it's 'work time' rather than spending 30 minutes replying to emails? Bottom line: spend 1 or 2 minutes here or there responding to emails or spend 30-40 minutes every time I sit down to the computer? I've heard how addicting smart phones can be and I don't want that to become an issue for me. How do you make it work for your family?

I'm the first to admit I'm also considering a smart phone so I can be better about blogging. There are SOOOOO many things that I didn't blog about in the last year because I didn't have the time. That makes me so sad that I didn't record the memories of a visit from our Denver family, the first day of school for both kids, a really great field trip, and the every day stuff that I don't want to forget. Is it worth $30 a month to be able to stay more up to date in my journaling? Like I said, a big decision! But I've taken enough of your time...you came here for an ornament carnival and that's what you'll get even if it's only 2 hours until Day 11!
Homemade ornament #5 is another felt one. I made this reindeer in 2005 out of Sam's footprint and handprint. I traced them onto card stock to make a pattern and then cut out the felt before glueing the pieces together. Thank you to Grandma Rena for letting me borrow this one for the week so I could share it with everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous December 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Cell phone's....It's all about priorities........

Alyssa December 11, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

I'm totally doing this reindeer one wit the kids today - but with construction paper instead (no felt in the house). Thank you! So glad you had a free (relatively) day! Our gingerbread house is slowly losing it's decoration into tiny little mouths :)

Jenney December 11, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

I don't know about the cell phone. Mine gets internet, but it takes SO long to do I don't bother. #1's gets internet well and it is fast and he loves it. Who knows. I'd text you if you get the internet though :o)

Very cute ornament. I need to drop you an e-mail today, some stuff happened, still processing.

L u l ΓΌ December 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

I like your blog! God bless you..

Demi

http://www.perrifamilia.blogspot.com/

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP