Sunday, September 13, 2009

I ♥ garage sales

Specifically the three days I garage sale each year. They fall right after I've switched to Spring/Summer wardrobes for the kids so I head out knowing exactly what I'm looking for. Remember this post about all the things I got for under $100? I didn't think it was possible, but I did even better this past week! I sold something on Craigslist (just down the street from all the sales! What are the chances of that?!) which canceled out $100 of my purchases, leaving me with 100 things for only $60. Most of the 25 pairs of pants I found for Sam look brand new. He won't wear some of them for 3-4 years but it would be stupid to pass up 50 cent 'new' pants.

Julia didn't make out nearly as well this time around, but based on her drawers and closet that I've switched over to Fall/Winter, that's OK. We were generously given really nice hand-me-downs from my cousins. She was too busy trying on three fancy dresses that I got for a total of$4.25 to notice that her pile wasn't as big.
Yes sir, I ♥ garage sales.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Momma Morgan September 13, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

I love yard sales too! I have even gotten my husband into going to them!

Alyssa September 14, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

I have the hardest time finding toddler boy clothes at garage sales. I know your son is a bit older, but still, great job finding him so many fun things! And I'm so glad to hear you found a fireplace insert too! (I just read it in your tweet)

Meet the Smiths September 14, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

How cool! I LOVE garage sales. Living in Texas, I still have a couple more months of garage saling weekends....which is great because I need to find more clothes for my son. He is so skinny...so last years clothes still fit waist wise...but he just started sprouting up....so new pants will be a must.

You did pretty...awesome!!! on your garage saling.

Jenney September 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Wow, great job! I did some garage sale-ing on Saturday, but it wasn't great. I did however get 3 new pocket diapers + 3 inserts for $20 and no shipping on E-bay...I was happy about that! Hubby is supporting cloth diapering as long as we get rid of the flats/covers. He'll go for AIOs, pockets, and fitteds/covers. I've got my work cut out for me :o)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP