Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Big Questions

You never know when or where your kids are going to throw out those big questions. The ones about the birds and the bees. The ones about dying. The ones about Heaven.

Tonight Sam asked them all.

I was driving around Lake Minnetonka at the time, lost after a birthday party at a friend's new house in Wayzata.

It's a night I won't ever forget.

My answers weren't eloquent, but he didn't notice.

He listened intently and then asked his next question....


I had to stop and ask for directions from a stranger at the gas station in the middle of my talk with Sam, but he didn't skip a beat.

"When are you going to have another baby Mama?" (for the record he wants two siblings)
"How are babies made?"
"Where do babies come out?"

I know our conversation tonight was only the first of many more to come. I pray that the seeds of faith that were planted in his little heart will grow as his understanding of these big concepts do. Our life this side of Heaven is curvy and unpredictable.

Sometimes we could all use some help navigating our way through.


Photobucket

2 comments:

~Brenda August 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

Yep, he'll ask again. ;-) Sounds like you're doing a great job. It's a big job, answering questions from little hearts and minds.

~Brenda

Mocha Mama 24 August 30, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

Sweet moments. Its definitely a challenge to put things in words they understand. We had a similar conversation about a year ago with my oldest in a Target parking lot. It must be the quietness and stillness of driving that gets them thinking.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP