Thursday, August 6, 2009

Alphabitty Moments - the letter X

Welcome to Alphabitty Moments! If you are new to this fun carnival you can click on the logo to the left for more details. (In 4 weeks we'll be back at the letter A and would love to have you join us!)

This week I chose eXtra kids for my X word(s) because while I don't run a daycare anymore, my kids will always be impacted by the three years that I did or at least I think they will based on that birth order book I read once. You see, Sam came to work with me from the time he was 4 weeks old. I watched my two cousins for 50 hours a week. That made Sam the youngest of three as Elsie was 5 when he was born and Porter was 2.

Then I started watching Brianna in our home when she was 3 months old. Sam was the oldest of two until Julia was born. Three months later, Grant joined our crew and Sam became the oldest of 4 and Julia had a twin 4 days a week. (Grant is 3 days younger than Julia.) Two years later I started watching Caden, giving Julia a chance to be older than someone.

Would I have prefered to stay home with just my two kids? Of course, but this was the best option for us and I'd like to think that Sam and Julia are more laid back and flexible because of the varied dynamics of our home those early years. PapaBear has been friends with Brianna and Caden's dad since childhood and we are grateful that second generation friendships have been cemented early on.


I'm looking forward to seeing the creative X words you all come up with this week! It was a HARD letter for me!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Aspiemom August 6, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

It's always nice to see you in some pictures!

mom24boys August 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Cute layout. I am a little weirded out that your home daycare as the size of my family, but at least I have the spacing on my side, right? Adorable pics and I love the colors in your layout!

Jenney August 7, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Hey! I didn't forget about this, but my X is for Xenia, and I don't advertise eXactly where we live on my blog :o) It will be in my book when it (seems how #1 still has a job...) gets published!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP