Thursday, August 27, 2009

Alphabitty Moments - the Cover

I was looking forward to the cover design week until I sat down to write this post. No matter what I do I can't get the image to upload without being fuzzy. I'm not exactly going out with a bang with this design. *sigh* Life goes on....the cover looks fine in Booksmart and that's what matters. I have been dreaming of seeing this book in my Blurb.com bookstore all summer. I am not going to let this little glitch rain on my parade.



A close up of the colors I chose for the cover of Julia's book. I opted to keep it very simple so that it will be easy for me to switch up the colors each time I add a book to the series. My pages inside might be as varied as they come, but I want the cover designs to flow from book to book. I figure the books are filled with pictures of the kids, no need to pick one picture for the cover. I'm excited to see what YOU did for your covers and how different they all will be!

Because I am SO excited to finally have figured it out, I'm posting the new and (mostly) improved page from last week. See? I learned how to keep backgrounds transparent in Photoshop 7!

Time to link up ladies! And then get ready for round 2 starting next Thursday! We'll be back for another round of Alphabitty Moments and it wouldn't be week 1 without a prize - something alphabet related of course. Get your thinking caps on and starting thinking of a little thing your children do that you don't want to forget that starts with the letter A.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous August 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

I'm new, but I've wanted to start AlphaBitty Moments for awhile now, but didn't want to start in the middle, so I'm SO glad you're doing a second one!! :D (I read The Drays Today) I can't wait, and will try to be a faithful linker!! :D

Mary August 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

What a great idea!! I was so eager to start I posted A this week. Oops looks like I get a week off. :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP