Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What is a Zebra Racer?

It's the reason PapaBear, his parents, his aunts, and our kids went to Hasting to watch speed boats race on the Mississippi.

The zebra racer (lower right picture shows it in action) is piloted by PapaBear's cousin, Kevin. I was at the MckBrunch Sunday morning, but thankfully PapaBear had our little point and shoot camera along to capture some of the fun of the day.

Highlights of their day:

* one of the boats flipped over during the race
* seeing the fastest boats race at the end (they reach speeds in excess of 180mph) Can you imagine? The lower left hand picture is from that race.
* eating ice cream cones
* watching trains cross the bridge
* sitting in Kevin's boat

Clicking on the image will make it bigger (Sorry 'bout the smudge marks on all the pics - Didn't know it was there until after 50 pictures were taken...of course)

Photobucket

4 comments:

Rachel July 21, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Very cute!

Jessica July 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

I love it! I totally agree, I try to get baby feet at each session and usually with the parents hands, but I had never thought to use the parents feet!

The Mommy-Files July 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

That feet picture is too cute!

Just visiting via The Blog Frog :)

♥ Happy Tuesday! ♥

http://www.themommy-files.com/

Amanda July 22, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

Oh my gosh, the smudges on the pictures is TOOOOO funny! And familiar!!! I thought it was only me that did stuff like that...

Looks like it was an amazing day!!

God bless~
Amanda

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP