Monday, June 1, 2009

4 the love of fresh produce

In the past week our family has eaten:

watermelon
grape tomatoes
pineapple
green beans
snap peas
cherries
mandarin oranges
green peppers
red peppers
yellow onion
bananas
red grapes
snow peas
strawberries
tomato
blueberries
carrots
raspberries
(dried) apricots

Julia must be going through a growth spurt because she asks for more carrots after her meal and treat is gone. Her snacks lately have been 5-6 grape tomatoes and 5-6 green beans or 7-8 blueberries. I am soooo glad she's potty trained because well, I think you know why....

We've arrived at that happy place where I can send the kids to the refrigerator to pick out their own snack...all by themselves. For example....they peel the clementines by themselves and shell the peas without help or any battles.

We've come a long way from here.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Cathy June 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

I couldn't understand MORE...for my sweet little just turned 2 year old LOVES blueberries and will eat entire pints all by himself...ahem...yeah.

Mamí♥Picture June 1, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

It feels good when our children make the right choices!!! Yummy for all that!! My Little Man loves all his veggies and fruits, I am so glad for that!! clementines are my Big Junior's favorites!
Avocado that is one of the things we eat a lot, we have 4 trees...

Homegrown Tribe June 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

that is so awesome! Way to go mama!!!! :)

britt

Esther June 1, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I wanna eat at your house! We got our garden planted today--tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, herbs, yay! Aaaand now I want some snap peas.

Aspiemom June 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Great eating habits! Yummy, too!

mom24boys June 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

We're on a huge melon and broccoli kick (that is when we are not eating daisies, leaves, and grass!) I love nothing more than watching my baby cram florets into his mouth! Except maybe watching him gum a cold honeydew wedge...it feels so good on his swollen gums.

Nieman Family June 1, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

I wish we'd eat more of that good stuff...Problem tho I have to drive thirty minutes to get something besides an apple, banana or grapes in this small town. But we however do have a grocery store.

Nieman Family June 1, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

I wish we'd eat more of that good stuff...Problem tho I have to drive thirty minutes to get something besides an apple, banana or grapes in this small town. But we however do have a grocery store.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP