Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Making an appearance (straw bale gardening update)

The radish, zucchini, pumpkin, watermelon, and bean seeds are sprouting! The radishes popped through first at only 3 days after planting and every day since then we've seen new growth from something or another.

I did a quick Internet search on Saturday when I noticed my tomato plant leaves were becoming increasingly white. Sure enough, my tender plants were getting wind and sun burned. It makes sense seeing that we've had a gale force wind since the day they were planted. I found every bucket I could and covered the plants for the rest of the weekend. This week it's been too hot (93 yesterday and 95 today with gusts up to 50 mph) that I can't cover them or they'll cook.

I think I was able to save three of them for sure. Jury's still out on the other one.


Grow plants, Grow!!!!

<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

3 comments:

Tutu May 20, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

95?!?! Wow! It's only around 70 here in the Sunny or rather Soggy South!

Anonymous May 25, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Hope your plants are doing alright! We are so going to do this next year :)

Pam May 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

You weren't kidding when you said you had buckets of all shapes and sizes covering your plants! What a sight!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP