Saturday, March 28, 2009

Safety First! *

*sorry the pictures weren't showing up there for a bit

Before Christmas we made a gingerbread house like we do every year.



Last year I started a new tradition
This year our gingerbread house was on display until this past weekend. It was just too cute to destroy and with snow on the ground outside, I figured it wasn't out of place inside.

Sam flew up the stairs to the playroom to get the safety goggles from his tool sets when we got home from church.


Our play hammer is broken so rather than have two kids swinging real hammers over the garbage can we took our little demo party outdoors.









They pounded and pounded


and pounded some more...

until our Gingerbread house was no more.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous March 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

Maybe it is just me...but I can't see the pictures... Only the first one.

Pam March 28, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

That is really cute. My favorite picture by far is the one of Julia's chubby cheeks oozing out from behind her yellow goggles. I just want to squeeze them!

Um yeah, wise decision to take the demo outside!

Jenney March 29, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

Were the kids tempted to eat any of the demolished house? I am so glad your snow is gone. We've had 60's for weeks, but snow flurries predicted for this afternoon. Yuck.
How was your visit to the hospital?

gbmom2407 March 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Oh, how fun. Our children love hammers! We have snow, again this morning. Snowy and icy... Spring can arrive any day, and stay for a while!
Thanks for sharing the awesome photos. My kids just walked in and saw the photos, one shouted "safety first"! That's right! Nice job.
Happy day.

Esther March 29, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Wonderful, wonderful idea! This year I just snuck the house into the garbage, but next year I'm DEFINITELY doing this!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP