Thursday, March 19, 2009

Alphabitty Moments - the letter D


It's Thursday and that means it's time for Alphabitty Moments. We're on the letter 'D' this week. If this is your first time visiting or you need a refresher on the gist of this fun and easy carnival, you can click here for more details.

Thanks to Nora & Soren's mom for the great idea to post one half of the page in order to make the images larger for easier viewing.

This week I was all set to use the movie "I Dig Dirt" for at least one of my kids, but at bedtime Julia looked so darn cute reading our devotional book that I switched gears at the last minute. Using D for Devotional gives me an excuse to write about the amazing thing Sam did a couple nights ago - I had just started reading the story for the day and Sam interupted me to say, "Hey! That's the picture from..." (he pages through the book until he gets to the very beginning of the book where sure enough March 17th's illistration is the same one from the first page in the book.) Out of 365 illustrations he remembered that that particular one was a repeat. Crazy.

Here's the left page of Julia's book:


I tried something new this week - reducing the opacity of one of the images and putting text over the top.

Both kids enjoy reading our devotional at bedtime, but there is something extra special about seeing a 2 1/2 year old participating in prayer and learning Bible verses. Her big brother sets a great example for her.


While I often have the kids turn a certain way or move into better lighting, these pictures were all Julia tonight making them even more dear to my heart.

It's probably not much of a surprise that I went with Dinosaur for Sam's page this week. I'm not sure how long his love and interest will last, but the intensity has been there for weeks. "Let's play meat dinosaurs in the hallway Daddy" is heard around here at least 5 times a day. Daddy knows just how to make the dinosaurs talk and fight. I enjoy looking through the books and learning the names, but when it comes to playing dinosaur, I'm not very good. Thank goodness for a great Daddy in the house!



One of the many library books we've checked out multiple times (right page of the book)


See you next week for the letter E!


<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

8 comments:

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 5:12 AM  

Those are great! :) Even a triple letter points :)

mom24boys March 19, 2009 at 7:05 AM  

Love your photos!

Kelly March 19, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

What cute ideas! I love your layouts! Thanks again for starting this...I love it!

Jenney March 19, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Very nice. I will do D later today if I can...still trying to process my life...

Andria March 19, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

I love the symmetry in the two pictures of them reading...and the close-up of the dinosaur figurines. Came out great!

Esther March 19, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Precious, just precious! I seriously got chills when I looked at the picture of Julia. Wasn't D a fun letter?

Erin March 19, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

I love looking at these! We need to get more people involved :)

Mayhem At The McNeils March 20, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

sorry i forgot to post a comment yesterday! its been a long and crazy spring break!!! anyways, i love your d!!! how awesome!!! cant wait till next thursday!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP