Tuesday, February 3, 2009


I woke up alone in my bed because PapaBear is trying to stay healthy by sleeping in the playroom.

We were almost late for school because I couldn't find my wallet....again.

I did my hair and applied makeup since PapaBear was home to keep an eye on the kids.

I heard this story on the radio and cried.

There were some great discussions during parent ed. Parenting styles, setting limits etc...

SisterBear and I enjoyed some special time at Target.

I learned that Millard Fuller died early this morning. (I did 3 Habitat for Humanity service projects in college and was a founding member of the school's Habitat chapter.)

PapaBear started collecting unemployment.

I got some real mail from Kelly.

I couldn't stop thinking about how weird it felt to use a different form of communication after years of blog comments and emails.

SisterBear fell asleep eating a donut on the way home.

We made Valentine's at the library.

I suddenly felt 20 decades older after spending 10 minutes surrounded by a group of tweens.

I feared for my daughter's adolescences.

We ate taco's for dinner.

Drank a glass of wine - from a box that is still chilling in our china cabinet.

Gave the dog a bath.

Witnessed BrotherBear calming himself down in order to use polite words to make a request.

Did bedtime by myself.

Watched my favorite show - The Mentalist

Got my boots, coat, and mittens ready for my early morning walk out to open the gate.

Watched Friends.

Crawled into bed.

Read a little from a Tracie Peterson novel.

Crawled back out of bed to comfort SisterBear who has a knack for waking up right after I fall asleep.

This is what I did today.
It wasn't glamorous.
It wasn't earth-shattering.
It was a pretty normal day and that's OK.
Sometimes it's just nice to remind myself what 'normal' is around here.

What did you do?


Lindsay February 4, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

I'd say that's a down-right productive day woman! You've got me beat! I usually (lately) have grand plans of getting loads of things done on the days I don't go into work....and then 2pm hits and I'm a gonner, for the rest of the evening. Oh well. Maybe someday I'll be productive again. Until then I'll just live through you. :-)

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom February 5, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Whew. That made me tired. One of these days I'll have to write up a day in my life. I'll want to remember this someday!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP