Sunday, February 15, 2009

A good (hair) day

After being gone for 12 hours yesterday it was nice to have a full day at home.
I even took a nap - a rare occurrence!
We ate lunch in the playroom first, on a picnic blanket. It's one of the warmest rooms in the house and sunlight streams in much of the day. It also happens to be where I do most of my mini photo shoots (read: Daddy holds a backdrop and my kids climb all over the material while I snap away). Julia's hair was looking extra cute today don't you think?


This particular backdrop isn't very big, but I'm too lazy to Photoshop anything right now.



Besides, when you see this next one, you'll see that a little carpet showing on the side is the least of my worries.








Not again!


Almost 2 years ago I put this bow in her hair for the first time.

She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Even when her mini photo shoot gets a little too long.


After naps we cheered for Matt Kenseth who ended up winning an action packed Daytona 500. Then PapaBear made popcorn for our ritual of watching Charlie Brown on the weekend. The library has a video called "This is America Charlie Brown" that we love. The kids learn history lessons in a fun and entertaining way. Their favorite episodes are the Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk and The NASA Space Station.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

my3sons February 15, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Could she be any more precious? Oh my gosh! What a photogenic child! Just beautiful!

Esther February 15, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Darn it, I thought we were going to see pictures of YOUR hair!!!!!
Oh, well, the pictures of Julia were the next best thing. Seriously, she is just BEAUTIFUL. Beautiful!

Jessica February 15, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Julia is so cute! I love those curls of hers. I did a mini photoshoot of Jack today too! I have to say that Julia looks a lot more cooperative than he was. I have a photography qt for you, what kind of backdrops do you use and do you hang them from a stand or another way? Hope you don't mind. Have a great week!

Jenney February 15, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Beautiful as always! Wow, look at that hair. When you tweeted about having a good hair day I thought maybe you were having fantastic hair and got your pics taken ;o)

Emily February 15, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

I am in LOVE with that child's curls. I love curly hair. She is a doll and you should be so proud.

Do you use any particular lighting or just what your house/work area has? What kind of camera do you have too? I wish I could take pictures better, but I don't have any props really and my camera is just a digital casio camera. Got any tips?

Hilary February 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Oh my goodness, what adorable pictures! She is SUCH a doll :)
Glad to hear the wedding went well for you and my sister!!

Anonymous February 16, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

You weren't kidding about a good hair day! I have been looking forward to this ever since you Twittered:)

The last photo is PRICELESS!!!

Loved seeing you and working with you yesterday. Get ready, I'm going to send you some linky love tomorrow!!

:)

Nieman Family February 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

my heart is melting. Awe so...so...adorible, precious, sweet, irrisitable...on and on and on!

Anonymous February 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Oh my goodness, just look at those curls!! How adorable!!

My niece has incredibly curly hair too, but right now she's still so young that it's in the Art Garfunkel phase. When it's wet, it's halfway down her back, but when it's dry it's all in a halo around her head. I hope her curls look like your daughter's in a few years; she's so precious!!!!

E @ Scottsville February 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Man, I just LOVE HER CURLS!!!! =0)

Too sweet!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP