Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving was only a few days ago but already seems like a distant memory. 'Tis the season I suppose...We always pack so much into this time of year.

Here are the highlights of the day we spent with Brian's family...


Sam never used to like wearing hats, but lately has been wearing a safari hat around. He changed to the headdress he made in school for Thanksgiving and wore it some of the day.


Julia broke out the cape she wore last Fall when she was Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween.


Brian's family has a gem of a property in the heart of a large suburb in the Cities. For as long as his little fingers could stand it, Sam was out riding around the property with cousin Kevin.


When the BB guns came out I made Sam come inside. I have enough trouble distracting him from pretending every thing is a gun without him experiencing BB guns.


Before it got dark we headed outside to take a family photo. The kids do so good smiling when I use the self timer. It's when I'm behind the camera that we have trouble.


We spent over eight hours catching up with cousins, aunts, grandmas, and grandpa.
By the time we ate two meals, played a ridiculously loud game of Pit, watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, drew names for Christmas, looked through the Black Friday advertisements, and got the kids in jammies, it was time to call it a day... a very very good day.

6 comments:

Suzanne November 30, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

I just had to say your kids are ADORABLE especially in those bear outfits. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!
CountryMom (Suzanne)

Kristi December 1, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

Sounds like a nice thanksgiving.

Esther December 1, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

What a fun day! And that family picture is great! Are you going to use it for your Christmas cards?

Aspiemom December 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

It sounds like you had a GREAT day! Great memories!

Anonymous December 1, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

SisterBear's cape is gorgeous. And you always have such wonderful family pictures! I need a tripod. Perhaps we'd actually have a family picture then. Hmmmm.

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

Pit?! You did NOT say Pit!! I've NEVER known any other family to play that ridiculously loud game before.
I'm almost 38, and when I was about 5 my parents were playing, and my Dad is EXTREMELY loud when he plays. I got SCARED TO DEATH and went running into the other room crying, b/c I thought they were FIGHTING! ;) It took my Mom forever to convince me otherwise.
My Dad LOVES that game to this day. We played during a Family Reunion in Sept.
Glad to hear our family isn't the only "crazy" one out there! ;)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP