Tuesday, November 11, 2008

like mother, like daughter

I'm not the only one embracing babywearing* during International Babywearing Week.

























In the last two weeks Julia's dolls and stuffed animals have benefited from her emerging mothering instincts.
She pats them on the bottom, covers them with blankets (hankies), and sways back and forth. She also cooks them meals in the play kitchen. It was just about this age that Sam's love of trucks, trains, construction vehicles etc. took off. It is so sweet to see where their interests develop.

When I was a child I was always playing "House". Either with my sisters, my cabbage patch kids, my My Little Ponies, or with my LittlePeople. How fun it will be to do it all over again with my daughter.


* There are companies that sell toy slings, but a simple dishcloth does the trick at our house.

9 comments:

Aspiemom November 11, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

She is just so adorable. She looks so SWEET, too, like she'd never have a grumpy day or trantrum. Bet she's a good little mommy to her "babies"!

Kelly November 11, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

Oh, that first picture of Julia looking up at you is by far the cutest thing I have seen all day!! :)

Paula November 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Your little JoJo's curls are sooo cute!!!! What a doll!!! I love how she has her hands on the bottom of the sling...holding up her little bear. So sweet!

Lindsay November 12, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

Oh my goodness - that is too darn sweet! Now if she could just get Houston in that thing! :-)

Paige Hinrichs November 12, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

Hi, I found your blog through CFHusband. Your children are darling!

Esther November 14, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

I would KILL for that hair. Well, maybe not kill, possibly mame. She is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

Anonymous November 16, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Those pictures are so very sweet.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph November 16, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

These photos are breathtaking! SO precious!

Steph

Miche November 17, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

OH my goodness, that is too cute! I love it!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP