Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day in Numbers

5 - the number of miles I had to drive to get to my polling place
3 - the number of minutes it took me to register to vote
0 - the number of people ahead of me in line
25 - the number of ovals I had to fill out on my ballot
21 - the number of people I voted for that I know nothing about
2 - the number of times I had to go to the polling place (I had to go back and vouch for Brian.)
150 - the number of people who had cast their ballots before me (I voted at 9:15am)
373 - the number of people who cast their ballots before Brian (He voted at 4:00)
23 - the number of people who looked at Julia when she started belting out Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in the Echo-y town hall
45 - the number of seconds it took me to usher the kids outside
15 - the number of steps to the top of the ladder at the park behind the town hall
I heard myself saying to Sam, "Sorry Sam, that slide is too dangerous for kids. It's only for grown ups." A slide. At the park. Geepers Carrie. But it WAS way too high for him so we played on the newer equipment and left the slide that was probably installed in the 70's alone.
0 - the number of political ads I'll have to endure after today.

0 comments:

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP