Thursday, October 9, 2008

That's one way to do it

I stepped on the scale this morning and was shocked to see that I've reached my goal weight. I rarely step on the scale anymore (my borderline anorexic days of high school are but a distant memory). What isn't a distant memory is the morning sickness I endured during my second pregnancy. I had lost 15 pounds and spent 9 days in the hospital before I started gaining any weight. Those were dark days. I weighed 123 pounds. (I'm almost 5' 9") I ate whatever foods I could keep down and unfortunately that was mostly greasy, fattening foods. By the fifth month I had gained back those 15 pounds and then some. When it was all said and done I had gained 60 pounds. I didn't make the time to exercise during Julia's pregnancy like I did with Sam (I only gained 35 pounds with him). It's sad to say but I haven't gotten into a regular exercise habit since, so losing baby weight has been a challenge. I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that didn't fit for over a year. Slowly but surely the stress, the change in diet, and the reduced food budget has helped me get closer to my pre-baby weight.

Coming down with the stomach flu yesterday did the rest. Need I say more?

1 comments:

Aspiemom October 9, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

I'm so sorry you're sick. You are right that's it one way of doing it, but not preferable!

I just love those pictures in your "tomato, Tomaaato" blog.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP