Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Big Day

Sam went to his very first day of preschool all by himself today. Last year in his Mon/Fri class I would drop him off for Monday's class and go down the hall for Julia's class. I was right next door, but this time I leave the building for 2 1/2 hours.












I got all choked up as I watched him give Julia hugs and kisses goodbye.

























Then he was off to play with the cars....
My heart about burst watching my first born go off to begin his first day of school.

While Julia and I were at home it was so tempting to try to get some housework done, but I want to make the most of this special time with her so we read stories in the library and enjoyed a long snuggle in my favorite chair.

When we picked Sam up he was soooo tired. I think all that structured activity wore him out. He really wanted to ride the bus home and my excuse that the driver didn't know where he lived didn't sway him. "I can tell the driver where my house is," he explained.
I played along. "Ok Sam. Where do you live?"
Silence...
"You live in ****** ***** Park. Can you say that?"
Sure enough. He repeated what I said.
"Good job Sam. We'll talk to your teacher about letting you ride the bus soon."
I guess he had to grow up sometime.

4 comments:

Amy Fichtner September 11, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Hi, I was just browsing blogs and found yours off of 4 Little Men's page. You have a beautiful blog and I just thought that I would stop and share that as I know how much time is involved in these. Feel free to check mine out if you want to.

Amy Fichtner September 11, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

I actually found Brittany's blog by browsing blogs. I guess I had to much time on my hands.....lol Not today though!! Thanks for reading my blog!

Lindsay September 12, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

Oh those pictures are priceless. Adorable! I'm glad you faired well without your little man....

Amie September 12, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

stumbled across your blog on McK's blog...

We didn't have apple pie for breakfast, only becuase there was noone around to make it! ;)

Those pics are priceless!
Love the hug shots!

Thanks for letting me stop in!

:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP