Friday, August 15, 2008

potty mouth

I'm so mad right now! I was sitting here updating my blog, adding new pictures to my sidebar, etc... when I hear a knock on the door. Uh-oh. This can't be good at this hour. Did someone need to call an ambulance? Would I have to go out and quiet down a rowdy group of campers? Was somebody dumb enough to want to check in at 11 o'clock at night?

Nope.

The large group that is here for the night was..... get this.... out of paper towel in the women's bathroom.

IF I had been asleep in bed and been woken up (and the rest of my crew along with me) I would have handed them some rolls from MY bathroom and sent them on their way.

This isn't the first time that I've been rendered speechless because of something a camper has said to me. (Once, I caught a lady who had left her dog unattended and she gave me the excuse that her 12 year old daughter must have let it out. When I asked her where her daughter was, she said she didn't know. Nice. And I was worried about the dog.

At least the woman tonight had the decency to knock quietly instead of ringing the doorbell. I grabbed my keys and headed up to their campsite (for the 3rd time today). My blood really started to boil when I got up there and saw that a bunch of cars that I had asked them to move hours ago were still parked illegally.

I kept as calm as I was called the "toilet paper lady" by someone. Doesn't anyone know what time it is????!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But this is my job, you say. I know I know. They need toilet paper and paper towels.

So off I marched to the storage room to grab an armful of supplies only to discover when I entered the bathroom that there were FOUR ROLLS four rolls I tell ya! left in the bathroom, not to mention that the mens room was fully stocked. If they HAD to go (say because it was in the middle of the night and nobody in their right mind wakes up a total stranger to tell them they need toilet paper) they could have used the other bathroom.

I'm only going to say this once and then I'm going to stop pounding on my keyboard:

How many rolls of toilet paper was one group need from the hours of 10pm until 7am?
Seriously people, you are camping. Shake the water off your hands or wipe them on your pants.



There I feel better now. Sort of.


1 comments:

Homegrown Tribe August 15, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

oh my... some people!

brittany

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP