Friday, April 25, 2008

When it rains it pours I shop

sorry I can't get the pictures to show up. :( My internet connection has been spotty.

Here's some of my finds at the area garage sales from the past two days. How did I manage to get any shopping done while watching the kids and running my own sale? One word: Help.
Help from Wendy (Brianna's mom), who covered the sale for a bit this morning while I power shopped, help from Sharon (SIL), and help from my middle sister, Katie. THANK YOU ladies!!!
I remember last year someone requesting a photo of things I bought so here are a few. Isaac and Maisie can you spot the items I found for each of you?

Step2 toy high chair - $1

5 Gap sweaters - 50 cents each

Four dollar Gap wool coat for Julia

8 pair of pants for Sam - 1 dollar each

crocs - $2

jogging stroller - $13 looks brand new

2 Minnesota Twins jerseys - 50 cents

gymboree tights - $1

4 pair of shorts - 25 cents each

leather footstool - $20
dryer - $30
Gymboree pj's - 50 cents
large area rug - $15
white bead-board toy box - $15

I splurged a bit on this vintage Tonka Crane, but Sam played with it all day and this type of toy increases in value. He only stopped because I pulled out a bag of new track pieces ($3) The excavator Brian is playing with is pretty cool too. When Sam is busy with the crane, Julia gets a chance to pull the levers on the backhoe.








Julia jumped at the chance to try on some of her new clothes. (50 cent shirt, 50 cent skort, $2 crocs) I still can't believe that the outfit in the final picture is a 4T - it's almost too small!)



4 comments:

Hilary April 25, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

I don't see any pictures! But it sure SOUNDS like you got some great deals!

I'll come back and check to see if the pics are up later

MerrandaVK April 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

I want to see the pics too! I tried a few sales today, and found a pile of T-shirts for Justin's ever growing torso, but not much else.. So I need to live vicariously through you!!

Homegrown Tribe April 26, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

You're pictures aren't showing up... I checked a while ago and they weren't so I came back and they are still down. I have 1 post that isn't showing up. Blogger gets a little buggie sometimes.

Wish I could gone with you... I LOVE garage sales and it looks like you found lots of great finds.

How's the 'moving' going? :)

Brittany

Anonymous April 29, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

Oh, I DID read this post of all you bought...I went through it quickly..no photos distracted me:) Anyway, now I finally see where you mentioned Maisie!!! And thank you SO much for the little hoodie!!! I love it SO much!! What a nice surprise:)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP