Monday, April 21, 2008

How I wasted 10 cell phone minutes

ring, ring...
Hello?
Recorded voice: Your auto warranty is about to expire. (This is where I've always hung up before. This time I decided to wait for a person so I can get my name off their stupid list.)
Recorded voice continues: Please hold for a live person.
What? As apposed to a dead person? Ugh. I hate solicitation calls!!! I stayed on hold until a person came on the line..
Live person: Hello. Can I have the make, model, and year of your vehicle?
Me: Actually I want to have my name removed from your list. Is that something you can do or do I need to speak to someone else?
Click.
That's the first time I've been hung up on by a solicitor.
I used caller id to call them back, poised to give them a piece of my mind.
Recorded voice: I'm sorry. The number you have reached has been disconnected.
Then how in the world are they able to call me!?!?


2 comments:

Kim April 21, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

Oooooooohhhhhhh, this has happened to me not too long ago as well and I TOO called them back b/c in my mind, that was NOT professional, and besides they.called.me!

Sorry they wasted your cell minutes. You can register your nunber on National Do Not Call List

Kelly April 21, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

ARRGGGHHH!!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP