Saturday, February 2, 2008

24 (inches of ice) + 27 (degrees) + 3(generations of fishermen) = 1 (happy little boy)

I haven't been ice fishing in 20 years. My fear of the ice has become so bad that I get sick to my stomach when I see vehicles on frozen lakes. I wasn't going to let my fear keep Sam from experiencing the fun of catching fish through the ice so I sent my camera along and off the boys went to catch some fish.

Brian caught one fish while Sam and Grandpa were out drilling more holes. Things were slow after that so out came the snackies. Sam thought it was fun to push snow into the holes and then scoop it out. He's always doing some sort of job. :)


And then they started biting!















It was THIS big!!!!!











Nothing beats a warm fire - except maybe some father son bonding time.






The boys aren't the only ones who can spin a fish tale - There was no way I was going to miss out on seeing Sammy have such a great time (or let my Rebel XTi out of my site)

















3 comments:

Homegrown Tribe February 2, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Oh it looks like so much fun! You guys must stay cold for a long time to keep all that ice frozen. There is nothing like that around here.

I saw your camera strap in the last picture... you shoot canon too? Which model?

MerrandaVK February 3, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

I really like the last photo. Nothing says "boy" quite like that of one holing a fishing pole with a prized catch at the end.

Killlashandra February 4, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

The fish pictures great. I especially like the one with the open wide look and the hanging fish. ;) Glad they had a good time, all of them.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP