Tuesday, February 12, 2008


Hindsight is like that. The nausea, the dog wanting to go out four times in an hour....
It all added up when we returned home today to find the carbon monoxide detector was going off. There weren't all that many clues, but it still rattled me to know that something so dangerous was seeping into the air we breathe. Thankfully the furnace company was out within a couple hours and was able to determine the source. Looks like I'll have to get really creative in my menu planning with our stove out of commission. Brian and I had each taken a turn sleeping on the couch this week so that's why we were the ones to feel sick being so close to the kitchen. As has become our new routine, I took the kids to the gym for the entire morning so they weren't exposed as much as they would have been if it were any other day of the week. I'm not usually one for public service announcements, but tonight I can't help but highly suggest that everyone make sure they invest in a carbon monoxide detector. I know I'll sleep better tonight knowing my family is safe.


4 Little Men February 12, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Thanks for the important reminder. So glad you are all safe.


Kim February 12, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

I am always like a crazy-person when it comes to things like that, especially this. I had some friends that passed away several years ago due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning. I am always testing it, even though I don't really need to but, yeah for sure. I think it's great that you posted this so that people are aware that this is highly important to have in your house. I'm so glad that you are all ok and caught it in time.

Kim February 12, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

P.S. I love the new header

Aleah February 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

That is really scary.
We just got one only last month.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP