Tuesday, January 8, 2008

hair today, gone tomorrow Saturday


Saturday marks the one year anniversary of when baby Noah went to Heaven. In honor of him many people around the country are donating 10 inches (or more) of their hair to Locks of Love.
I've never met Noah's mom, Adrienne - came really close once when we were in Colorado, but it doesn't matter. She's impacted my life regardless. Her story, which I suggest you read from the very beginning of her journey, is one of faith and love like I've never seen before.
Just think of all the women sitting in salon chairs on Saturday telling their story - their connection to Noah and his family. It gives me goose-bumps just thinking about it! To God be the glory!

5 comments:

4under3 January 8, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

That's so great of you. I started reading Noah's story last December. Ad and her family are truly amazing and so full of strength, aren't they? I can't wait to see the new 'do. If only I had 10 inches to spare.

Pam January 9, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Wow, I just spent the last 2 hours reading her blog. I am so inspired by her strength and love for her family.

Our family has gone through some trials over the last two years since my son was born, but nothing in comparison.

It breaks my heart to see her in so much pain still, but I can completley understand, as we "lost" our son at one point. He was however brought back to us. We still haven't healed from that, so I would imagine that her pain is much greater than I could ever imagine.

What a great thing to be donating ot locks of love.

Anonymous January 9, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

I'm looking forward to going with you on Saturday. What a lovely photo of you and your hair and wonderful daughter and what a clever post title, too. And, most importantly, what an amazing tribute to Noah you will make.

Kelly January 11, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

I can't wait to see how many ponytails (mine included) are being donated in memory of Noah!! :)

MamaBear January 11, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

Oh Kelly! I didn't know you were donating too! That's awesome! I saw you had commented that you hoped your hair grew a bit more before the 12th and I guess I was thinking that it wasn't quite long enough for the 10 inch minimum. Mine is going to be soooo short - I barely have the minimum myself. Can't wait to see what you do with yours! Good luck! I wish you could join Jennifer and I at the salon in the morning.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP