Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Are you a grease monkey?

The new gadgets we got for Christmas from Brian's parents to help us in car emergencies (flat tire or dead battery) only work if you actually have them in the car with you. For the record, the air compressor was where it belonged, but I didn't have a flat tire. Nope. I learned the hard way that you can't use the car's battery to run the mini DVD player that I plugged into the power outlet in our van if the van isn't running. So there I sat in the parking lot of the grocery store, kicking myself for not putting the handy-dandy jumper cables in the car. Thanks to my mom, I do carry the regular kind with me at all times, but I don't know how to use them. The new ones plug into the cigarette lighter. They don't seem so intimidating, but again, they don't work sitting in my garage.

My mom was kind enough to call into work and come rescue the kids and I. She is amazing. She knows everything. She's the first person I call when I don't know how to do something. I don't say it often enough, but Mom, I appreciate you! Thank you for bailing me out, for teaching me, for re-teaching me when I forget, and for always being there for me! I love you!

I was a little concerned that the battery wouldn't have enough time to charge during our short drive to the gym, so when we got back to the car after tot-time I told Sam that we needed to say a prayer to Jesus to help us start the car. After it started right up, I said, "Sam, let's say thank you to Jesus." He didn't skip a beat. "No, thank you GRANDMA!"

3 comments:

Anonymous January 8, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

Another one to chalk up to lessons learned. The Hard Way. I am no grease monkey and I'm so glad your mom was able to help you out this morning....so you could make it to Tot Time and see us!!

Kim January 8, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

Man, I dont think I even have jumper cables in my suv! Thanks for reminding me to get those in there.

Also, ok so I erased our last names from all my posts, is there anyway that you can check to make sure it's a little "safer" now? And tell me if I did it correctly?

Anonymous January 9, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

I love you too Carrie! I'm thankful for you and Brian, Sam & Julia. I'm proud of you guys!

Love, Mom

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP