Friday, January 4, 2008

All 4 one and one 4 all


I've been itch'n for a post to present itself that this photo would fit with. It will go down as probably the best picture ever taken of me. Anyone who can make it look like I do have eyebrows, but not a a double chin is a miracle worker in my book.

Tonight was girls night in. Brian and Sam went to the library and then out for pizza while Julia and I played in our PJ's, read stories, had tickle fights, ate dinner on the kitchen floor, splashed in the tub (well, she did), played with my old FisherPrice toys, and repeated children's rhymes (Criss Cross Applesauce, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Pat-a-cake...) over and over again.
I loved having the opportunity to give my daughter my undivided attention. Sam loved having Daddy all to himself, but for the record, he said he missed me when I kissed him goodnight. :)
The timing of this couldn't have been better. Without school to keep structure to our weeks and provide a specific time where the kids get mom entirely to themselves, we've been floundering. I encourage you to read what JMom wrote in her 2008 progress report (Jan 2nd). She hit the nail on the head as she often does. All day today everyone had smiles as big as Julia and I do in this picture. (Or at least the kids did until they crashed at 6:45 after a full day of activity - 3 hours at the children's museum and then 3 hours of one-on-one time.)

1 comments:

Anonymous January 4, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

It was so fun to be able to see you today at the Museum!! I'm so glad we overlapped the way we did. Oh, and, yes, Jennifer did a great job photographing you and Julia! Honestly, you guys looks SO SO SPECTACULAR! (That was the first I'd ever heard about your not-looking-like-you-have-eyebrows concern. I must say I'd never noticed you looking like you don't have them. Of course, I didn't see a double chin on you today, either, so I think you're imagining things.)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP