Wednesday, January 16, 2008

1 down, 1 to go

I knew Julia wouldn't be able to leave the potty chair alone that I pulled out for Brianna to use. See how happy she was in the top right picture when I told her she couldn't push it around the house?
The ironic thing about these pictures is that today is the first day that Sam won't be wearing any more diapers. He's been staying dry at nap time and through the night with only a couple wet diapers a month. If the Velcro held up to multiple uses I'd probably keep putting him in a diaper, but we're having to throw away completely dry diapers because they don't stay on. It'll be interesting to see how far we can stretch 1 box of diapers now. Julia is showing zero signs of readiness. She just likes the chair.

But with one down and one to go, it's hard to not think about a future that doesn't involve diapers.

* You might remember a post or two on my old blog about cloth diapers. We still use them, but not exclusively. They are great when we are at home or when we are not able to get to Sam'sClub to purchase more disposables, but they aren't convenient for use 24/7.

*For the sake of posterity (basically so my kids can compare when they have kids of their own) - 1 box of diapers (152 count) costs $29.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Homegrown Tribe January 16, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

oh those are too cute... I love the bottom right picture.

we have the same sweater in red (i think) from Gap? I love it!

oh and I love the green cabinets... very vintage chic.

MamaBear January 16, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

vintage chic - That's a good way to look at it. Too bad the yellowish laminate countertops detract the chic-ness. :)

Yes that is a Gap sweater! It was my cousin, Porter's, from 5 years ago. Sam wore it too. It's not exactly girly, but i don't think there's any doubt she's a girl with the tights, pink crocs, and the jean skirt.
I love that picture of Ozzie in the red sweater. He has the most beautiful eyes.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP