Sunday, December 2, 2007

A rose by any other name


Fourteen months ago today we were on a high like no other. The birth of our daughter made our family complete. It took us days to decide on her name and now I couldn't imagine Julia with any other name. The nickname JoJo has stuck and is probably said more often than Julia - even though I love her name. Not too common, not too "out there". It suits her. It means youthful. I like the sound of that. Makes me think of the saying, young at heart. As her mom I'll always think of her as my baby that fit perfectly in my arms. I can't turn back the clock, or even stop it for that matter, but what I can do is savor every moment and that's what I intend to do.


To my baby girl,
I couldn't ask for a more precious daughter. I have been blessed beyond words to be your mom. I love everything about you - even your stubbornness. I pray that I can teach you, comfort you, cheer for you, love you, and support you in a way that is pleasing to God. Each day with you is a gift.
Love, Mommy

P.S. This month you've started sitting for story time and often bringing me your favorite books for me to read. (Goodnight Moon, Babies, and this one)


You have a kind heart. You are generous with your hugs and kisses


You are goofy and smart. (In only two days you learned to point to your head, ears, eyes, tootsies, tongue, and your favorite because you can say it - your belly belly.)


And around here, we'd say this qualifies you as being - talented. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous December 2, 2007 at 10:22 PM  

Oh, I LOVE this post!! (Did you know I had a post with the same name!?)

Happy 14 months, Julia. If you could write, you also would write a love letter to your mommy, telling her how happy you were to be born into her family 14 months ago, how proud you are of her for teaching you about God and reading books to you. How happy you are that she loves you more than words. I know your mommy knows all this, and if you could write it to her, you would!

Amazing, amazing, amazing photos of your little girl, Carrie.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP