Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's no fun to be sick - part 2


It has been a loooooong, horrible day at our house. Sam "slept" in our bed last night so I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of days until I'm sick with the same crud. I don't think I'll be able to get away with whining, "nose ruuuniiiinng" and expect someone to drop what their doing to come wipe the snot. After 3 hours of doing this for Sam I finally said enough is enough. He's old enough to take the Kleenex he's holding in his hand and wipe his nose himself. It doesn't help that 75% of the time there isn't anything to wipe. He's feeling it running inside his nose. I refuse to wipe when I can't see anything. His poor face is chapped enough. I'm sorry he's sick and I'm trying to be compassionate, but it's every 5 minutes that he is whining about something. Not to mention that Julia is still sick and needy herself. I'm not asking for sympathy, I just need an outlet for my frustration - frustration with myself for not bending over backwards to do every little thing my kids are whining for me to do, frustration that we haven't found a job for Brian where he doesn't have to be gone for 12 hours a day, and frustration that I haven't been able to teach Sam how to blow his nose and eliminate at least half of the nose wipes.

2 comments:

Anonymous November 29, 2007 at 6:58 PM  

While it's no fun to be sick, it's realllllly no fun to be the Mommy who has double, triple and quadruple duty when others in her home are sick. So frustrating. I'm so sorry, my friend. I really hope you DON'T get it, but I suppose that's not very likely. I hope bedtime comes quickly and lasts long for you so you can recover. And start again tomorrow. Sigh. I had a rough afternoon here, if it helps to know. Just knowing that someone else is in your shoes. Not sick rough, but bad-photo-shoot non-sleeping baby and crabby toddler and preschooler. I put them to bed early and without any dinner (though the second was by their choice!) and I hope they wake up better. Hang in there! (This is in place of a nightly e-mail from me...I'm so behind but don't see being able to catch up tonight. Know you're in my thoughts, though!!!!!)

Anonymous November 30, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

Wow, there's way too much of the crud going around right now that's for sure.

I don't know what to suggest for the nose wipes, I can't get W.W. to do it either when his nose runs. And the chapping is terrible. Right now he's getting it all around his mouth. Yuck!

If you have tried them yet, the puffs with aloe vera and vicks in them really do feel nice and smell good. Well, if you like vicks they do. ;)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP