Sunday, November 4, 2007

He said WHAT?

While watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood the other day Sam was introduced to the Incredible Hulk. Mr. Roger's was showing the kids the difference between pretend and real. Upon seeing Lou Ferrigno in all of his Hulk makeup Sam said, "He has B**BS! Then looking at me with a serious face he concluded, "They're just pretend." I guess that qualifies for understanding the concept of pretend and real, right?

Tonight Sam called me back into his room to tell me that he loves me. (A stall tactic if I've ever seen one, but one I don't mind the first couple of times a night.) He also said, "I like Tieran and the baby." I asked him what the baby's name was and he replied, "DAFFODIL!" He's never said that word in his life and knows very well that Kieran's little sister's name is Maisie.

Where do they get this stuff???

I think Sam has finally quieted down for the night as I wrap up this post. Darn, no more funnies. By the way, how are everyone else's kids adjusting to the time change?? We did fine today because our schedules are always off on Sundays anyway. Hopefully putting them to bed an hour later will even things out by tomorrow. And on a related note: At 1am Friday night I decided that Julia needed to figure out how to go without nursing 1-3 times a night. It took her an hour to settle back to sleep that night, but Saturday night it was only 15 minutes. The big accomplishment was that I didn't have to get out of bed for the first time in MONTHS. (I had Brian give Julia her paci so she knew we weren't ignoring her, but that it was time to go to sleep on her own.) Dare I hop that tonight I get to sleep through the night??????

4 comments:

Anonymous November 4, 2007 at 10:29 PM  

Hope you sleep all night! I also wonder what that's like...

I also wonder what it's like to NOT have a baby sleeping next to you most nights....

Anonymous November 5, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

So, did you get to sleep all night last night!?!?!

The Incredible Hulk story...funny! And I can only guess Sam pulled out the "pretend" name Daffodil for Maisie since Maisie sounds like Daisy and Daisies and Daffodils are both flowers? Impressive flower knowledge as well as creativity (and stalling) skills!

Anonymous November 5, 2007 at 11:09 PM  

Can you send me your mailing address at jennisajoy@juno.com

It's time to start getting my Christmas card addresses together!

Anonymous November 7, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

Mine didn't adjust at all. Sunday morning he got up at 4:30 am thinking it was 5:30 am and I couldn't get him to go back to sleep. I stuck Cars in and laid on the couch dozing until Dad got up.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP