Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Costumed Creations

Each year I take upon myself the task of deciding on and making our Halloween costumes. We don't trick or treat in the neighborhood (we've taken Sam to the mall once or twice) but our friends throw a party complete with bonfire and hayride. Here's the host in all her glory last year.

We focus on having fun, getting together with friends, and being creative (read: cheap) with our costumes.

One year Brian, his sister, and I were a row of foose ball men, another year I was "Smarty Pants" (I sewed the Smarty candies all over a pair of black pants), last year we were Park Rangers with our bear cubs....
This year Brian informed me that he was going to make his own costume. No more family themed costumes for us. :( I'll still probably try to link the kids and I together somehow. Over the weekend he informed me that he needed a box about 4 feet high for his costume. "Why?" I asked. "Not telling" hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous October 10, 2007 at 5:17 PM  

How FUN that even your hubby gets in the spirit of it! Can't believe (well, I should be used to it by now) what a BIG bear cub Julia was at only 28 days old!! I never saw you guys in your costumes before, so it was nice to see ;) Not sure who the "host" in the top photo is!??!

Anonymous October 10, 2007 at 5:29 PM  

You mean the exotic species (aka - Eurasian Milfoil)? That's Kitty, a long time family friend. Her family goes on the camping trip with us. The twin boys are her grandsons.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP